Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Gender Reveal


(more pictures and video below)

If you have been keeping up with the blog you know we are welcoming two baby boys this summer. I was originally very opposed to finding out gender and I would be the last person you would expect to have a gender reveal party. Our friends Will and Michelle called dibs on hosting the gender reveal if I changed my mind but I assured them that wouldn't be happening.

THAT BEING SAID - I totally caved on all fronts. You might think I gave in to the massive amount of peer pressure but it really wasn't anyone who convinced me to find out gender or have a party. It was that first ultrasound around 14 weeks when I saw the sweet little faces of our babies on the big screen - they weren't gummy bears anymore but tiny little humans. Ben wasn't even at this appointment just me and the doctor. Something clicked when I saw them and I just had to know. I met Ben for lunch afterward and before we could even sit down I blurted out that I wanted to know what we were having. Once he recovered from shock, Ben was overjoyed that I changed my mind since he was not on board with the "not finding out" plan from the start. Once we decided to find out, we needed to decide how. Finding out in the hospital room just didn't seem that exciting or fun to either one of us. We already got to experience the sweet surprise of having twins, just the two of us at the hospital alone, and we wanted to be able to share the gender reveal with our family and close friends. It seemed pretty improbable to gather family and friends in the ultrasound room so we decided to take the Lynch family up on their generous offer. 

I have to say - I have only attended one of these parties that wasn't mine and at both parties I have been so touched by how sweet that moment is when you find out. It is so nice to share in such a special moment with close friends and family. So if you are on the fence, I highly recommend the gender reveal party. It takes something that is normally announced via social media and brings it back to a personal and intimate level.

To say I was surprised by the reveal would be an understatement. Complete shock is more like it - I never thought in a million years we would be having two boys and I could not be happier. 

Thank you Will & Michelle for hosting such an amazing party, thank you Heather for all the great pictures and thank you to everyone who was able to share this special day with us - especially those on face time!





Will's mom actually makes these cookies... they are AH-mazing

Me and the littlest Lynch


The girls


Going on 11 years of friendship with these two!


College Roomie <3 p="">

Hilary!


 About to open the boxes...




Told you, complete shock and joy!








The Burnett Family


The Worrell Family


You can watch the whole thing below, we were lucky to have this video to share with out of town family and those who couldn't join in face time. Our boys will be so loved and I cannot wait for them to meet their amazing family!





No comments:

Post a Comment