Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Good Day

As I have mentioned before some days are better than others, yesterday was one of those! Both boys took great morning naps and even though Owen woke up a little early due to some snottage it gave us a little bit of one on one time. As much as I love for them to be on the same or similar schedules sometimes it is nice to have some alone time with each boy. One of my biggest fears when I found I was pregnant with twins was that I would never have time to dote on them the way that is so typical of a first and only baby.  No joke, sometimes I would see my friends post pictures of them and their little one and end up a crying mess. So on the days when they are on opposite schedules and I want to pull my hair out I just try to remind myself that I prayed for time to love them individually and sometimes answered prayers look a little different than what we imagine.

        
Mr. Independent - refuses to be helped and right after this picture he took both hands off and tried to stand on his own. I wish I could just press pause on this stage for a little bit.  

After morning nap we loaded up and headed out to meet Kristi and Jett for a walk. As much as I would love to be fit and enjoy exercise it's just not who I am. I prefer calm walks or yoga as opposed to boot camp and hardcore cardio. You will probably not catch me training for a marathon anytime soon. Walking a few times a week with another mama as we sip our iced coffee is a perfect work out for this season of life. 

Usually we walk a trail that is between our two houses and goes through the middle of town but it is currently under construction so we decided to branch out and try out a nature reserve. I'm so glad we did! For you local folks, if you haven't walked Miller Springs I highly recommend it. It winds through the Leon River Valley and they have a handicap trail that is perfect for pushing a stroller along. 


The view from one of the vantage points along the trail



We stopped to let the boys out for some play time and they were loving pulling up on the bars and holding the plants for leverage.



 


I love everything about the age they are at right now. Constantly exploring and playing. They are so interactive with each other and the world around them. I won't lie, the first six months with these two were pretty tough but now that they are playing together and becoming more independent it is just so much fun. 

After our walk we had planned to go have some more play time at Kristi's parents who live on the lake but both boys melted down at the car signaling it was time for afternoon nap. Of course they fell asleep right as I turned on our road to go home, BUT they both needed diapers and I didn't feel like washing the car seats, so instead of turning around and driving for nap I decided to pull them out and chance it. It only took an hour to get them down once we were inside and that included a slight break from nap to lower Wyatt's crib (Owen's went down last week). While I worked on lowering the crib they had a blast playing in Owen's crib. 


Right before I started filming Owen had Wyatt belly laughing playing peek-a-boo!

Once they were down both boys slept almost 2.5 hours! Like I said a GREAT day. I would love to say that during that time I was incredibly productive and cleaned house etc. but instead I did a few dishes then relaxed and read my book. I try to give myself one nap that is just time for me - because if I don't use at least one of their naps for downtime I will inevitably stay awake after everyone is asleep getting some much needed me time. 

We ended our night testing out some carrots and apples - carrots were met with tightly closed lips and projectile spitting by Wyatt. Apples were received a smidge better by Owen but Wyatt stayed pretty close lipped the entire meal (which is very unusual for him). Both boys are starting to fight a cold so that could be affecting their appetite. We did bottles and then loaded them up with some Hyland's baby cold syrup before bed.

Daddy got to do story time last night and my heart melted. I love the way Wyatt is always looking up at whoever reads. Owen is normally absorbed in the book but I may have distracted him with my photography. 

        

Shortly after laying them down both boys were out. 
Cry it out has worked wonders for Owen but Wyatt is still fighting it pretty hard at night. 

Overall it was a normal day but a good one and I know I will love having these ordinary updates to look back on when they are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment