Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Faves

It's Friday, and that means another edition of my favorite finds... I know you were just sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for this so here goes... today we're talking graphic design and wine!



Canva.com - I was searching high and low for some cute party invitations for a shower we are hosting at the end of this month and I was having no luck. All the ones I loved on minted.com were going to bust my budget wide open and the themes I found on etsy just didn't make my heart sing like a good party invite should.... so I stumbled upon canva and y'all I am in love. You can design your own etsy-esque invitations for FREE and they have a ton of great fonts and designs to choose from. You can then download your invite as a printable PDF or PNG file and upload to staples, office max or wherever you choose to have it printed. Definite time and money saver. I'll post a picture of my finished invites after the partaaaaaay.


My sweet friend Julia introduced me to this wine site called Heartwood & Oak - that she stumbled upon via restaurant.com. I have never seen cases so cheap and sometimes even with FREE shipping. The best part you don't have to join any club - just sign up for emails and pick/choose to order when you feel like it. To give you an example of how amazing their deals can be: say you purchase a case on one of their specials at around $80 you are only spending about $7 per bottle, and if you are like me you can check the retail prices on each wine and you will see that most bottles retail for around $12-$20. So that's saving you a lot of money... if you are a wine lover, or you entertain often this is a great site to start visiting on the reg.



Red Laser is a free scanner app that tells you where items are purchased and allows you to compare prices on different items. I found it incredibly useful when trying to return baby gifts that we didn't need or never got to use before the boys grew out of them. You won't regret downloading it.



This article on Scary Mommy recapping funny parents of twitter and their commentary on drinking around small children. I found a few new twitter feeds to follow from this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment