Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Waiting to Pop

When people ask me how I'm feeling the only thing that comes to mind is "...like a ticking time bomb." I'm a very visual person, I need to have a mental image for things and so lately when I look at my belly I mostly see this...
I feel like I am just walking around waiting to pop - (I hear your water breaking makes a pop noise, how fitting right?) But in all seriousness - this last month of pregnancy is a little scary for people who worry as much as I do. As labor nears and the thought of bringing home the boys becomes less of a distant future and more of an "any day now..." my anxiety level is skyrocketing. All those labor fears and questions are starting to surface again and I'm praying like crazy to keep them at bay. Trying to just trust that what will be will be.

I guess in a way it's kind of cool... you know, that they could surprise us at anytime, that I could wake up in the middle of the night and be hospital ready.  It's one of those good surprises in life and I don't want to ruin it, I just can't help but feel a little anxious. Ben on the other hand is ecstatic and asks every day if it's time to go to the hospital yet. 


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there sweet Ellen! We carry you, your anxieties, worries and ticking time bomb of a belly in our hearts and prayers. Ben, too! And Abby loves her Walter and ChloƩ. It won't be long now until you are holding those healthy baby boys. Can'the wait to do the same! Love you! Colette and George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sweet Ellen! We carry you, your anxieties, worries and ticking time bomb of a belly in our hearts and prayers. Ben, too! And Abby loves her Walter and ChloƩ. It won't be long now until you are holding those healthy baby boys. Can'the wait to do the same! Love you! Colette and George

    ReplyDelete